Hi! After a long, hard trudge through the online payment jungle, you made it!
Welcome to PISTOLPAY, the safe and secure way to pay online.
Your time is important. Here’s what we want to do today:
- Get you up to speed with PISTOLPAY services
- Show you what it means to be a PISTOLPAY member
- Demonstrate how PISTOLPAY can help you with your transactions
Let’s talk about you first! You are the reason PISTOLPAY exists. The Internet is a vast and powerful tool for commerce. Nearly all online payment platforms work as if the transaction was being conducted in person with cash. Generally, the Seller has most of the power in the transaction. The team at PISTOLPAY recognized the opportunity to level the playing field by creating an online payment platform that responds to the real world needs of people and businesses buying and selling online goods online.
The PISTOLPAY platform supports those who buy and sell goods of value and assures that the transactions proceed smoothly. PISTOLPAY does this by acting as more than just a payment processor for the transaction; PISTOLPAY acts as an escrow agent – your personal escrow agent – holding Buyer funds safely until the transaction is complete and the goods are accepted as genuine – delivered complete, and as-described by the Seller.
The three main players in each transaction:
Buyer (The “Payor”)
A PISTOLPAY member (who will be the Buyer in the transaction) can initiate the transaction. All you need is the Seller’s email address and you are on the way to quickly and safely paying for your goods. An instant email will be sent to the Seller, informing them of your intention to buy. The next steps are as follows:
- Verify the Seller’s details.
- Determine whether you want to pay using a credit card or, (coming very soon) … a direct ACH withdrawal from your checking or savings account – which means no more money orders or waiting for personal checks to clear! Due to the various transaction costs based on your choice of payment methods, our service fee will vary slightly based on the payment method. We suggest you read through our Fee Schedule for more information.
- Select a “Dealer” to whom you would like your purchased item sent. This trusted individual will not only be responsible for receiving and transferring the goods to you, but they will also notify us whether you have accepted receipt of the goods after having a chance to inspect them in their presence, or whether you have inspected the goods, rejected them, and chosen to return them to the Seller.
- Once you inspect and accept the goods, we will then release your funds to the Seller and the transaction is closed.
- If you are not happy with the item that was delivered to your dealer, then just decline to accept the item and the Dealer will ship the item back to the Seller, and we will release your funds back to you. It simply doesn’t get any easier.
Seller (The “Payee” or “Recipient”)
A PISTOLPAY member who will be the Seller in the transaction can also initiate the transaction. All you need is the Buyer’s email address and you are on the way to getting paid! If the Buyer has not already registered with PISTOLPAY, simply type in their email address and we will send them a personal invitation to join our growing community and complete the transaction.
The next steps are as follows:
- As soon as the Buyer chooses a payment method and authorizes the credit or ACH payment, we will immediately notify you that the funds have cleared and have been deposited into our holding account. No more waiting for checks or money orders to clear!
- Immediately arrange for delivery of the item(s). We do ask that you take a moment to enter the tracking information into our system for your chosen method of delivery so that the Buyer can track the package all the way to their Dealer. Insuring the shipment is the Buyer’s responsibility, if they so desire, and the insurance cost can be added in the ‘other’ box at checkout. PISTOLPAY does not mandate insurance, but we highly recommend insuring a shipment for the full value of the goods, regardless of the carrier, for every transaction and every shipment.
- After delivery of the firearm to the Dealer, the Buyer will be notified and will have the opportunity to inspect the goods at the Dealer’s place of business for 48 hours.
- If the Buyer accepts the goods, or if 48 hours passes after the item is delivered to the Dealer (whichever occurs first), PISTOLPAY will release the Buyer’s funds to you within 24 hours, via ACH transfer directly to your bank account.
- However, if for any reason the Buyer declines to accept the goods after inspection, the item(s) will be returned to you or your dealer (where required), with shipping and handling being paid from the Buyer’s funds that are held by us. At that time, we will release the remaining funds back to the Buyer and the transaction is complete!
Why do I need a Dealer?
Most people who buy and sell goods of value try to know as much as they can about the items. But let’s face it, not everyone has time to be an expert.
PISTOLPAY is designed for security – to make sure there is no reason to misrepresent or otherwise mislead a Buyer regarding the authenticity and quality of the goods to be transferred. Usually, a Dealer, who specializes in the type of goods to be transacted, is the most qualified ‘expert’ to determine both authenticity and quality. For this reason, we look to these Dealers to assist in verifying the transaction. If your Dealer is not already registered with PISTOLPAY, just ask them to register with us as a premier dealer … it takes only a few minutes and it doesn’t cost the Dealer anything! The Dealer that you choose will play an integral role in the transaction. Don’t have a Dealer that you prefer? PISTOLPAY makes it easy by allowing you to search our database of Dealers to find one close to you.